To celebrate Giant Step’s 25th anniversary we’ve asked DJs we have worked with over the years to share some of their favorite Giant Step tunes and memories. Next up is Gilles Peterson. Enjoy the tunes and don’t forget, we have him in NYC for TWO shows.
Gilles Peterson’s memories of Giant Step…
- Dana Bryant – “Margaret” – tune! Shame the album didn’t get the recognition it deserved but this tune is a killer spoken waltz.
- The first Groove Collective album – representing the club and the new york scene to the max.
- Going to the first Jamiroquai show at Supper Club in New York in 1992 and lending him my vintage Adidas track suit top.
- Enjoying Jonathan Rudnick’s intros for the world music artists that Giant Step always used to promote.
- The once in a lifetime Nuyorican Soul launch party at the Supper Club with everyone there!
- All night clubbing with Maurice and family and somehow ending up at Body and Soul on Sunday.
- Winter Music Conference – best days of our life! omg – the annual Giant Step party – messy!